Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ability


Over the past 4 days I had the opportunity to attend a wheelchair camp. This was my second year. There were campers there that have been attending for over 10 years. I got to meet some incredible people and athletes. We played a lot of basketball, tennis, and rode handcycles. At this camp no one looks at our disablity, they look at our ability. The coaches and volunteers did not treat any of us any different then they would someone who could walk. I really liked that about this camp. It was also a lot of fun playing them in wheelchair basketball and smoking them :)
Before I was in a wheelchair I had no clue that there were that many adaptive sports. Now I enjoy playing them. It is so inspiring to watch all of the campers improve from the previous year. Some of them are crazy good at the sports. It inspires me to work harder.
I would encourage everyone to volunteer for the camp next year. It is only 4 days and they could always use the help. I promise it will change your life. For info about it click this link http://www.cityofboise.org/Departments/Parks/Activities/AdaptedRecreation/page4760.aspx

I know God put me in this chair for a reason and I am going to continue allowing Him to use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment